Friday, February 11, 2011

Photo II: Phamous Photogs!

I couldn't decide on one...so I chose two! David LaChapelle and Robert Trachtenberg, but I'll be focusing more on Trachtenberg.


LaChapelle's site: LaChapelle Studio
Trachtenberg's siteRobert Trachtenberg Studio


I like his work because it is kind of crazy! It's weird the way he does his portraits...they kind of make you think...why? But that's cool, to have to think about the photo. I wouldn't expect these celebrities to do the activities he has them photographed doing, but his pictures are still pretty awesome. He starting taking photographs in the 1980's.








My second selection is a photographer by the name of Robert Trachtenberg. His photos are much more "mellow" than LaChapelle's, but I really like them a lot. I think it's because they are sort of peaceful and simple, yet they draw your attention to them.  They also show the personality of the model. Trachtenberg photographs for many magazines like Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly. I could not find when he started taking pictures, but here is some of his work that caught my eye:






No comments:

Post a Comment